Alfred's Steakhouse since 1928, an iconic San Francisco steakhouse, has re-opened and is hiring friendly, witty Servers to provide a great experience for our guests. Open nightly in the Financial District, this 140-seat restaurant caters to upscale diners with a taste for excellent food and a decadent ambience.
The ideal Server has 3+ years of experience and is adept at working quickly to provide an enjoyable, memorable dining experience. Must have experience discussing food, wine and cocktails with guests and a background in a steakhouse is a plus. Must be professional, super clean, orderly, anticipate the needs of the guest and be able to efficiently prioritize your tables. Being upbeat, apolitical and non-confrontational in all interactions with guests is critical. Must have experience using POS systems (preferably Aloha) and handling cash.
Servers earn $20/hr plus a percentage of the 18% service charge added to every check. All BOH and FOH employees receive a distribution from the service charge. Any additional tip added is distributed to the server.
Must be able to easily navigate stairs as we have two banquet rooms upstairs and two downstairs.
To build the right work environment, everyone on the team must be:
- Alcohol and drug free in the workplace with a positive attitude
- Welcoming, respectful, and friendly to everyone
- Professional with a clean-cut appearance and ability to communicate well
- A great teammate with an excellent work ethic and the willingness to jump in and help where needed – we’re a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done kind of place
- Honest, reliable, punctual and sincere
- Invested in the success of the restaurant and creating a positive work environment
- Able to follow processes, procedures and standards while offering suggestions for improvement
- Enforce safe work behaviors (OSHA/HACCP/food safety) to maintain a safe environment for both guests and team members
- Must enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced and high stress work environment
- Must be able to easily navigate stairs as we have two banquet rooms upstairs and two downstairs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/holidays, based on restaurant needs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.