Alfred's Steakhouse since 1928, an iconic San Francisco steakhouse, is opening in November and hiring a new team!
We're hiring an efficient, quick, focused Busser to provide a great experience for our guests. Open nightly in the Financial District, this 140-seat restaurant caters to upscale diners with a taste for excellent food and a decadent ambience. With decades in the business, we bring old-style San Francisco nostalgia and comfort to our guests.
The ideal Busser is adept at working quickly, efficiently and quietly to deliver a great experience to our guests. Must have at least a year of experience as a Busser in an upscale environment with an eye for detail in handling glasses, changing tables, keeping linens and flatware clean and orderly and generally allowing for smooth, clean transitions. Must be professional, super clean, orderly, anticipate needs and be able to prioritize tables.
Must be able to easily navigate stairs as we have two banquet rooms upstairs and two downstairs.
Alfred's Steakhouse offers the following benefits -
To build the right work environment, everyone on the team must be:
- Competitive pay with additional service charge distribution for all FOH and BOH employees
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Alcohol and drug free in the workplace with a positive attitude
- Welcoming, respectful, and friendly to everyone
- Professional with a clean-cut appearance and ability to communicate well
- A great teammate with an excellent work ethic and the willingness to jump in and help where needed – we’re a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done kind of place
- Honest, reliable, punctual and sincere
- Invested in the success of the restaurant and creating a positive work environment
- Able to follow processes, procedures and standards while offering suggestions for improvement
- Enforce safe work behaviors (OSHA/HACCP/food safety) to maintain a safe environment for both guests and team members
- Must enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced and high stress work environment
- Must be able to easily navigate stairs as we have two banquet rooms upstairs and two downstairs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends/holidays, based on restaurant needs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.